1967 / 1989
Everything comes from an idea
- 1967 - Year in which a small company dedicated to impeccably crafted products was founded by Giovanni Besenzoni. The outsourcing of the manufacturing of accessories which were previously produced in the shipyard began, thereby creating a new production sector
- 1973 - Invention of the stern platform with steps – a veritable technological revolution for that time
- 1985 - Introduction of the first hydraulic gangways with remote control ever
- 1989 - Expansion of the company with the new production plant in Paratico
1991 / 2001
Retractable titanium gangwayfor sailboats
- 1991 - The first acknowledgments began to arrive: “Innovative Product 1990-1991" Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnica Leonardo Da Vinci in Milan (product: "Retractable titanium gangway for sailboats")
- 1993 - “Innovative product 1992-1993" awarded by the Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnica Leonardo Da Vinci in Milan (product: "Retractable side door")
- 2000 - Giorgio Besenzoni joined the company
- 2001 - Nomination for the DAME AWARD - METS AMSTERDAM for Skipper – automatic telescopic gangway for sailboats
Giovanni Besenzoni "Nautical Pioneer"
- Giovani Besenzoni won the Ucina prize “Pioniere della Nautica” (Pioneer in the Nautical Trading Industry)
- Nautical Marketing Awards, prize for the “Best print advertising campaign - accessory category”
- Presentation at the Genoa Boat Show of the innovative mooring facilitators. Ghost, Corner and Porto
- Nomination for Design Award Mets with the mooring facilitator “Porto”
- Start of the partnership with the Politecnico di Milano university - Master in Yacht Design
2010 / 2013
Golden Compass Nomination for Balcony
- 2010 - Nomination for the Seatec Qualitec Award for Balcony
- 2010 - Nomination for the “Compasso d’oro” (Golden Compass) competition organised by ADI (Association of Industrial Design) and Y&S for Balcony
- 2010 - Start of the partnership with the Engineering Faculty of UNIBG (University of Bergamo) for the research and design of new products
- 2010 - presentation of the innovative Helybase Concept designed in collaboration with UNIBG
- 2011 - Nomination for the “Compasso d’oro” competition organised by ADI and Y&S for Helybase
- 2013 - Nomination for ADI Design Genoa for the Poker bathing ladder
1967/2017 - 50 years on the catwalk
- Besenzoni celebrates 50 years of activity in the nautical accessories sector. Organizing an unforgettable party with employees, suppliers, partners and friends, to celebrate this fantastic achievement.
- Participation in the WHP program Health promotion in occupational contexts (Workplace Health Promotion or WHP) always with a view to enhancing human resources.
- Besenzoni is the winner of the prestigious DAME Design Award 2017 in the category "Interior equipment, furnishings, materials and electrical accessories used in the cabin". The award was given to the innovative P400 Matrix pilot chair.
- Honorable mention for Genneschi award for innovation.
UNICA a Besenzoni brand is born
- UNICA - presentation of the new Unica division in Monaco with a launch product (MATRIX - UNICA) done in collaboration with two important collaborators (arch. Christian Grande / Marine Leather).
- Seatec Fidelity award 2018 ix.
- Seatec Innovative Design Technology awards: 2nd prize awarded to Besenzoni for Matrix customizable pilot armchair.
- BUC - APP activation (in Genoa we received mention by ADI committee for this new product).
- YOURBAN - creation of the Besenzoni Defense division
- Official visit of President Mattarella to our stand in Genoa and of the Chief of Staff of the Marina Valter Girardelli.
- Polytechnic University of Milan | Design Department | School of Design: request to Giorgio Besenzoni to be a member of the committee for the didactic programming of the degree course in Naval and Nautical Design
- Besenzoni Control Device APP: functions are extended and it is now possible to use the application to handle both the gangway and the ladder
- Besenzoni Workboats and Defense division another important evolution in the Besenzoni world consolidating itself as a manufacturer of items for work and military boats
News in the nautical world with the introduction of the electric gangway
- WHP workplace health program for the 4th consecutive year we have obtained recognition for the commitment shown in promoting health within the workplace
- From the need to create a more sustainable future, a new division dedicated to products with exclusively electric handling is born: BeElectric and includes LaPasserella, LaScala, IlTenderLift and SalpaAncora (Windlass).
- At METS 2021 - on stage in Amsterdam - Besenzoni is the protagonist with two nominations for the DAME Design Award with LaPasserella in the "Deck equipment, sails and rigging" category, and at the Boat Builder Award where he is nominated together with Blu Emme Yachts with the EVO V8 in the category "Superyacht Builder and its Supply Chain Partner"
New challenges and many projects for the future
Meeting with the true Lords of the sea! The Captains, members of the prestigious Italian Yacht Masters association, visited our headquarters for two days full of stimulating conversations and new collaborations to constantly improve the efficiency of services and manage the maintenance of increasingly sophisticated nautical components.
"Giovanni Besenzoni Award"
LABA Academy of Fine Arts of Brescia and Trentinot
The Giovanni Besenzoni award is a novelty created thanks to the collaboration with LABA and is part of the company's 55th anniversary celebration. It is very important to involve young people, stimulating them and encouraging them to study, creativity, and development in the field of nautical design and this award fully confirms the vocation of Besenzoni SPA.
The educational project was launched in 2022 and has now reached its conclusion with the presentation by the students of the first and second year of the Industrial & Research Design two-year course of a new gangway concept created following specific company guidelines.
The first place was awarded to the brilliant couple of students Francesca De Feudis and Laura Facchetti who with their designs – the Alaia passerelle and the Arco stairway-walkway – convinced the jurors.
for the first time Besenzoni at Milan Design Week
The great challenge of 2023 was to get out of the comfort zone of the nautical sector and show oneself to the world of design in its most famous setting: the Milan design week, a world-famous showcase in which design and creativity stimulate and fascinate even non-experts jobs.
The installation that Besenzoni brings to Design Week 2023, in the prestigious context of the Fuori Salone hosted by Interni Re-Evolution in the courtyards of the University of Milan, is FLOW: a staircase suspended in a mirrored shell that offers the visitor a sense of flow of things.
The protagonist of the installation, born from the collaboration with Francesco Forcellini, a designer reported in recent years among the best young international talents, is Oceano, a ladder/platform for yachts equipped with an ingenious and innovative system that allows it to be used as a bathroom ladder or for disembarkation/embarkation, as an extension of the sunbathing platform or as a tender lift.