1967 / 1989
Everything comes from an idea
- 1967 - Year in which a small company dedicated to impeccably crafted products was founded by Giovanni Besenzoni. The outsourcing of the manufacturing of accessories which were previously produced in the shipyard began, thereby creating a new production sector
- 1973 - Invention of the stern platform with steps – a veritable technological revolution for that time
- 1985 - Introduction of the first hydraulic gangways with remote control ever
- 1989 - Expansion of the company with the new production plant in Paratico
1991 / 2001
Retractable titanium gangwayfor sailboats
- 1991 - The first acknowledgments began to arrive: “Innovative Product 1990-1991" Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnica Leonardo Da Vinci in Milan (product: "Retractable titanium gangway for sailboats")
- 1993 - “Innovative product 1992-1993" awarded by the Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnica Leonardo Da Vinci in Milan (product: "Retractable side door")
- 2000 - Giorgio Besenzoni joined the company
- 2001 - Nomination for the DAME AWARD - METS AMSTERDAM for Skipper – automatic telescopic gangway for sailboats
Giovanni Besenzoni "Nautical Pioneer"
- Giovani Besenzoni won the Ucina prize “Pioniere della Nautica” (Pioneer in the Nautical Trading Industry)
- Nautical Marketing Awards, prize for the “Best print advertising campaign - accessory category”
- Presentation at the Genoa Boat Show of the innovative mooring facilitators. Ghost, Corner and Porto
- Nomination for Design Award Mets with the mooring facilitator “Porto”
- Start of the partnership with the Politecnico di Milano university - Master in Yacht Design
- Creation of Sipario: watertight window approx. 2 metres long for the saloon area
2010 / 2013
Golden Compass Nomination for Balcony
- 2010 - Nomination for the Seatec Qualitec Award for Balcony
- 2010 - Nomination for the “Compasso d’oro” (Golden Compass) competition organised by ADI (Association of Industrial Design) and Y&S for Balcony
- 2010 - Start of the partnership with the Engineering Faculty of UNIBG (University of Bergamo) for the research and design of new products
- 2010 - presentation of the innovative Helybase Concept designed in collaboration with UNIBG
- 2011 - Nomination for the “Compasso d’oro” competition organised by ADI and Y&S for Helybase
- 2013 - Nomination for ADI Design Genoa for the Poker bathing ladder
1967/2017 - 50 years on the catwalk
- Besenzoni celebrates 50 years of activity in the nautical accessories sector. Organizing an unforgettable party with employees, suppliers, partners and friends, to celebrate this fantastic achievement.
- Participation in the WHP program Health promotion in occupational contexts (Workplace Health Promotion or WHP) always with a view to enhancing human resources.
- Besenzoni is the winner of the prestigious DAME Design Award 2017 in the category "Interior equipment, furnishings, materials and electrical accessories used in the cabin". The award was given to the innovative P400 Matrix pilot chair.
- Honorable mention for Genneschi award for innovation.
UNICA a Besenzoni brand is born
- UNICA - presentation of the new Unica division in Monaco with a launch product (MATRIX - UNICA) done in collaboration with two important collaborators (arch. Christian Grande / Marine Leather).
- Seatec Fidelity award 2018 ix.
- Seatec Innovative Design Technology awards: 2nd prize awarded to Besenzoni for Matrix customizable pilot armchair.
- BUC - APP activation (in Genoa we received mention by ADI committee for this new product).
- YOURBAN - creation of the Besenzoni Defense division
- Official visit of President Mattarella to our stand in Genoa and of the Chief of Staff of the Marina Valter Girardelli.
- Polytechnic University of Milan | Design Department | School of Design: request to Giorgio Besenzoni to be a member of the committee for the didactic programming of the degree course in Naval and Nautical Design